Despite COVID-19, these Central Florida businesses are still hiring.
- Looking to add 4,700 people in Florida on a rolling basis out of 100,000 added positions nationwide. Amazon encourages U.S. residents to text AMAZON to 77088 to receive automated messages about job openings near them. Check back, the job listings change often.
- No resume or previous work experience required
- *Includes added $2/hr through April
Matthew Staffing Solutions, LLC
- Matthew Staffing Solutions is a specialized recruitment firm providing highly skilled talent in the areas of Technology, Inside & Outside Sales, Administrative and Executive positions.
- Contact Garth for staffing (407) 413-8739
- The grocery store giant is looking to fill “thousands” of positions across the nation, including in Orlando, at its stores and distribution centers by the end of the month.
- Publix is continually recognized as one of the best places in America to work.
- Expect the best for your career—come discover a workplace that can meet your high ideals and tough standards.
Winn-Dixie and Fresco y Mas
- Both grocery chains are adding positions due to the coronavirus outbreak. The number of jobs vary by store.
- Ready to take the next big step in your career? Southeastern Grocers (home of Winn-Dixie, BI-LO, Harveys & Fresco y Más) is always looking for top talent to join our team of innovative, energetic, brilliant minds in the business.
- Walmart is hiring 9,400 people to work in stores and distribution centers across Florida and has warehouses in Davenport and Winter Haven.
- The online grocery delivery service expects to add 15,000 shoppers in Florida.
- The call center and business consulting service is adding 500 customer service positions in Central Florida.
- Adding more than 110 retail positions in the Orlando area.
Orlando Utilities Commission
- OUC is adding 18 customer services positions.
Florida Virtual School
- With many classes moving online, FLVS is opening 37 local education support jobs.
Cellular Sales/Verizon Wireless
- Verizon’s largest retailer is looking to add positions to its 46 retail locations throughout East Florida. The business is considered “essential” retail and plans to stay open.
- The pharmacy chain is looking to hire 50,000 workers nationally and is working with Hilton and Marriott to fill those jobs with people furloughed because of the virus.
- The grocery chain is adding jobs at all of its stores and warehouses, including those in Central Florida.
- The pharmacy chain is looking to fill 9,500 additional positions around the country.
- The convenience store is hiring in Central Florida for positions including full-time night supervisors, part-time customer service associates and managerial jobs, including customer service supervisors, food and beverage managers, assistant general managers and general managers.
- The company is looking to “aggressively and quickly” hire temporary staff in the Orlando community, particularly for merchandise and warehouse positions, as well as delivery drivers.
- The restaurant has 30,000 jobs open across the country and is looking to get delivery drivers on the road more quickly.
- Pizza delivery is ramping up with families staying at home. Domino’s, too, is adding jobs across several positions, including delivery, pizza makers, customer service representatives, managers and assistant managers.
- The pizza chain is looking to add 20,000 employees.
- 7-Eleven is adding 20,000 jobs for workers who are losing hours or hoping to pick up extra shifts
- The company is adding up to 50,000 employees by the end of April, including in positions in Central Florida.
Family Dollar and Dollar Tree
- Both stores are looking to add 25,000 employees at their retail locations and distribution centers.
- The grocery store is looking to hire for several additional positions, including cashiers and clerks in the Orlando area.
Freshfields Farm Orlando
- The family-owned grocer at 400 East Compton St. in Orlando is looking for experienced restaurant staff to work on its production team for $12 to $16 an hour, full- or part-time.
Rodas Outdoor Services
- The Wedgefield-based landscaping company is looking to hire workers who have lost their jobs due to the coronavirus outbreak. No experience needed; on-the-job training will be offered. Contact Eddie Rodas at 407-405-8243
- Production Maintenance Mechanic
- Looking for immediate hire
- Contact (407) 851-9432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Love’s Travel Stops
- Visit jobs.loves.com for more information
Orange County Sheriff’s Office
With all of the changes within our working community the Orange County Sheriff’s Office has immediate job openings ranging from 911 emergency communications specialists, Grants coordinator, deputy sheriffs and immediate openings for auto mechanics.
“These are great jobs” …this is your opportunity to work with the amazing people at the Orange County Sheriff’s Office Department, especially in these positions!
You are invited to apply…military, military veterans, and their spouses are also encouraged to apply! Many people need jobs right now in Orlando and these are very good ones working with amazing, dedicated people, all of course…working for “you”.
For information on these available positions go to https://www.ocso.com/
- Creative Walls and Landscaping
- Hiring immediately for irrigation installers, contact (352)874-9610 or email email@example.com
Hubbard Construction Company
- Immediate Openings
- All open positions require previous experience.
- Asphalt Distributor Operator
- Asphalt Plant Loader Operator
- Asphalt Plant Operator
- Asphalt Paving Machine Operator
- Asphalt Screed Operator
- Asphalt Quality Control Tech
- Contact Lynn Ruocco - firstname.lastname@example.org or call (407) 645-5500
- Immediate Openings
- All open positions:
- Quality Inspectors
- Metal Blenders
- Powder Paint Coaters
- Bench mechanics
- Contact Human Resources - email email@example.com or call (407) 562-0816
College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving
- College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving is the fastest-growing junk-hauling and moving franchise in America. College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving also has impressive brand recognition. The franchise has been featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show, ABC’s Shark Tank, HGTV’s House Hunters, AMC’s The Pitch, Bravo’s The Millionaire Matchmaker, TLC’s Hoarding: Buried Alive and Fox Business, as well as in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today, Time magazine, The Huffington Post, Forbes, Inc. and more.
- To be one of the H.U.N.K.S., you must be: Honest, Uniformed, Nice, Knowledgeable, and Service-oriented.
- Come see what all the buzz is about and join our Orlando College H.U.N.K.S. team!
- Excellent earning potential including hourly pay plus tips, bonuses and incentives.
- Apply immediately. Hiring part time and full time opportunities.
- As a Truck Team Member you will act as a navigator, hauler and mover. Your responsibilities will include:
- Go out of your way to be extra friendly (smile, eye contact, and small-talk) to everyone whom you come in contact with throughout the day – especially your clients.
- Look, act and become a friendly college hunk –starting with the uniform (shirt tucked in, hat straight, pants at waist), and continuing with your attitude (smiles and eye contact).
- Work hard to safely remove items from clients’ homes, offices, and buildings.
- Assist with maneuvering the truck, backing up, completing paperwork, and navigating the job sites and disposal sites.
- Keep track of all truck contents (tools, clipboards, paperwork, and safety equipment).
- Distribute marketing material daily.
- Clean the truck at the end of the day.
- Complete Daily Checklists.
- Train to become a Truck Captain.
- MUST be able to lift up to 75 pounds for an extended period of time.
- MUST enjoy hard work, world class customer service and helping others.
- MUST want to be part of a growing organization and are excited about huge opportunities.
- MUST be able to pass a federal background check.